SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Atoms’ mission is to make the best products in the world that people enjoy every day. We are a product first company. We believe all great companies make great products first and everything else follows. This is why we made the ideal everyday shoe. Atoms are the only shoes to come in ¼ sizes, perfectly fit to each foot and delivering a truly personal experience to each of our customers.
Based in Brooklyn, New York, we are a diverse team interested in shoes, chai, books about art and art about books. In addition to making the world’s best shoe, we deeply care about how our friends and customers feel about and interact with the Atoms' brand. Our culture values honesty, creative freedom, and thoughtfulness. One word we often use is meaningful — as a way to describe our work, our product, and our contributions out of the office.
Atoms is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join the team in our Brooklyn HQ. The ideal hire will lead our end-to-end supply chain process, collaborate cross-functionally, and implement continuous improvement of business processes. You are an effective leader with the capability to quickly pivot and adapt to the fast pace world of operations. This hire is obsessed with data and will infuse key metrics in all decision-making activities across the business. When it comes to contract negotiations, building effective and scalable processes, you never settle for good enough. The Supply Chain Manager will make a significant impact on our team, ensuring our operations are tied to the critical needs of the business. As Atoms expands its footprint, strategic planning and seamless execution of supply chain operations are crucial to the evolution of our brand and the customer experience.
YOU WILL DO
- Manage successful relationships with suppliers and contract manufacturers; negotiate pricing and establish contract terms with supply-chain vendors
- Support demand planning and forecasting for all growth channels
- Responsible for the end to end management and delivery of assigned projects; provide cost saving analysis and mitigate risks
- Source materials for new and existing products; support the prototype process
- Drive supply chain timelines for all new product launches
- Manages project and resource dependencies and negotiate trade-offs as needed
- Foster continuous improvement of business processes and collaboration cross-functionally
- Negotiate contracts with parcel and freight carriers
- Manage projects across varying areas that span Procurement, Demand & Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, Logistics, Fulfillment, and Repair & Returns
- Serve as subject matter expert for supply chain systems and business processes
- Liaise with local and global teams to align on project vision and execution strategy, design standard operational procedures, processes, business and technical requirements
- Liaise with local and global teams to align on project vision and execution strategy, design standard operational procedures, business, and technical requirements
- Develop best practices in documentation and project management working closely with the Operational process owners
- Implement new reporting/analysis tools and dashboards providing visibility to performance against KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related Business degree. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years relevant supply chain experience in operational or consulting roles, with 1-3 years’ experience in project management or business process management
- Expert proficiency level MS Excel and SQL experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external parties as well as Senior Leadership
- Have end-to-end supply chain and problem-solving acumen and know how to manage complex and ambiguous projects
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making and continuous improvement
BENEFITS AT ATOMS
- Competitive salary and equity
- We care deeply about our families and loved ones, which is why our comprehensive health plans reflect exactly how much we value proper care for the extended Atoms' family
- Access to online courses and memberships to three local museums
- A network of mentors and coaching opportunities
- A brand new office in Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Complimentary shoes for you and your family